Wednesday, 12 July 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #41: THE LIBRARY OF FATES - by Aditi Khorana


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme originally hosted by Breaking the Spine and now taken over by Wishful Endings that highlights upcoming book releases we're excited to read. On my blog, I include movies as well.



Published: 18th July 2017. 

A romantic coming-of-age fantasy tale steeped in Indian folklore, perfect for fans of The Star-Touched Queen and The Wrath and the Dawn. No one is entirely certain what brings the Emperor Sikander to Shalingar. Until now, the idyllic kingdom has been immune to his many violent conquests. To keep the visit friendly, Princess Amrita has offered herself as his bride, sacrificing everything—family, her childhood love, and her freedom—to save her people. But her offer isn't enough. The unthinkable happens, and Amrita finds herself a fugitive, utterly alone but for an oracle named Thala, who was kept by Sikander as a slave and managed to escape amid the chaos of a palace under siege. With nothing and no one else to turn to, Amrita and Thala are forced to rely on each other. But while Amrita feels responsible for her kingdom and sets out to warn her people, the newly free Thala has no such ties. She encourages Amrita to go on a quest to find the fabled Library of All Things, where it is possible for each of them to reverse their fates. To go back to before Sikander took everything from them. Stripped of all that she loves, caught between her rosy past and an unknown future, will Amrita be able to restore what was lost, or does another life—and another love—await?


First of all, that cover is so whimsical and feminine that I literally feel like I'm in dreamland whenever I look at it. It's so beautiful and simple and the COLOURS OH MY HEART <3

But the story looks amazing too. Culturally rich, romantic, mysterious, ahhhhhh.....
This looks like a wonderful book and I need it right now. 




Anyone else excited for The Library of Fates?

30 comments:

  1. Nice! Been seeing a lot of this one around lately! Hope you love it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica!
      Visiting yours now...

      Delete
  2. YES!! I'm dying to read this one.
    Unfortunately my library isn't planning on getting a copy soon :(
    I hope we both enjoy this one :)
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!
      But ah, that sucks :(
      Me too, thanks Aneta :)

      Delete
  3. I love that cover, it's so pretty! And I'm intrigued by the synopsis saying fans of The Wrath and The Dawn would like this - I really enjoyed that series, so I might have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Ah yes, me too :) Glad you did, I'm dying to read it!

      Delete
  4. The cover of this one is absolutely stunning!! Plus the title piques my interest! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you think so too! Thanks :)

      Delete
  5. All I needed was a "fantasy tale steeped in Indian folklore" is all I needed to be hooked. I love fantasy and that cover is so beautiful! Great pick this week!

    http://crystalbooksnob.blogspot.com/2017/07/waiting-on-wednesday-little-fires.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard great things about this book. I'm sooooo excited ! And you're right, the cover is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so stunning! I can't wait to read it! I hope we'll love it as much as we love that cover. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is! Thanks, me too! Thanks :)

      Delete
  8. I like the sound of the plot too, and the cover is pretty awesome. The idea of the Library of All Things has me curious... plus Indian folklore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah same :) Yes!
      Thanks for the comment, Greg.

      Delete
  9. Great post! I just followed your blog! Mind checking out my latest review on "The Book Thief"? It can be found here: https://armchairbythefire.blogspot.com/ 😃 Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Aww thank you! And I've just visited it and followed you back :) <3

      Delete
  10. I love reading about the cultures of different culutures, but folklore definitely has some entrancing characteristics. I love the premise of this!!!

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cover is SO GORGEOUS!! And that plot....honestly, I have never heard of anything like this before! What an AMAZING pick, Amy!! I can see that this will DEFINITELY be a totally fascinating book to read, and I, too, want it NOW. Lol. I'm rushing over to Goodreads to add it after I post this comment!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this luscious book!! And thanks as well for commenting on my CWW post!! Hope you have a GREAT weekend!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!! And thank you Maria, I'm SO glad you love the look of it too! <3 <3

      My pleasure, thank YOU! :) :) <3 <3 HUGS!! Thanks, you too! <3

      Delete
  12. Wow, great choice Amy. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aneesa, and I'm so glad you like it too! <3

      Delete
  13. *ZOOMS IN*
    I saw Library of Fates...
    Hi this book is wonderful and amazing. I hope you love it when you can get your hands on it <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? There's definitely a "The" there...
      Thank you <3

      Delete
  14. I'm looking forward to this book too! I've seen pretty good reviews for this, but I also heard it's not culturally accurate? I guess we'll figure out more once the book releases! Here's hoping you love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Oh really? That's interesting to hear, I didn't know that.
      Yes! <3

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)