Sunday, 6 August 2017

Weekly Round-Up: I've been reading manically


It's been a mixed week for me. Writing has gotten me feeling extremely down, but I've still made myself write everyday. I just haven't started my WIP yet; I'm writing random scenes for practice. 

I've been reading a lot. And I don't really know how, because school and life have been busy too. But somehow I got through 4 weeks this week, so yeah ;) And my backlog of reviews is piling up...
That also means that I haven't been watching any Netflix. Reading and writing and school have consumed my free time. 

I also watched The Zookeeper's Wife last night, which I've been wanting to see for a long time. My review should be posted within two weeks time. 


Posts of the week: 





I'm reading two thrillers at the moment - The Good Daughter and The People At Number 9 - and will soon be starting a buddy read of You Don't Know My Name with my #Squad, and also Silver Blood




I finished 4 books this week! WHO AM I EVEN?!

Reviews to come soon...




I got an eBook of Kings of this World, which I'll be starting in a few months. 






Di shares her Blog Squad Special: How To Make Your Blog Content Pop!

Uma shares her Blog Squad Special: How To Map Your Blog

Erica reviews The Glass Castle

Aneta reviews Frostblood

Angela shares her post for The Liebster Award

Abby plans her Dream Blogger Party!

Mareli reviews Into the Water





Did you have a good week? What are you reading at the moment? Watched anything good? 

20 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to watch The Zookeeper's Wife but I want to read the book before seeing the movie...which I still haven't gotten around to lol I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it though. And I'm sending you good vibes that your writing goes better this week! Happy reading, and have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I also really want to read the book! Lol, hope we both get our hands on it soon :)

      Thanks so much Lauren!

      Thanks, you too <3

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better soon! <3 I'm so happy to see your reading is going well! I'm in a bit of a slump this weekend. Hopefully I snap out of it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica!
      Ah no shame :( Hope you do!

      Delete
  3. Sorry you've not been feeling well. Hopefully you'll bounce back quickly. And that's a great list of books. I have some of them on my summer reading list. I've been slacking a bit the last week or so with family visiting. Time to buckle down and get my reviews written:)

    My Sunday News

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura :)
      Hope that all goes well! Happy reading and reviewing :)

      Delete
  4. I'm excited to see your thoughts on birth Starr Fall and A Thousand Pieces of You! It's actually a lot more problematic than I thought, and I saw this great discussion about it here if you'd like to check it out! Although there were definigleybmistakes made with A Thousand Pieces of Gou (in my opinion, at least) I still want to read the sequel! I hope you have a better time writing next week! Sending you good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much for that link, Genni. I really, really appreciate it. I'm so glad I've found that out before I write my review!
      Thanks so much :) <3

      Delete
  5. Reading a lot is AWESOME! I want to read a lot too! I'm curious about Windfall - it sounds like Lucky in Love (West) so I might try it at some point. :D I hope you have a lovely week, Amy! =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT IS!!
      And it does, you're right :)

      Thanks Alyssa, you too!

      Delete
  6. Reading 4 books a week when you were busy is awesome! I only managed two. I hope you have another great week filled with awesome books. Happy reading, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it is!
      Thanks so much, Geybie, I hope the same for you :)

      Delete
  7. Oh, oh, oh, thanks for the shoutout :) I can't wait to hear what you think of a Thousand Pieces of You! I'll be checking back :D Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure :)
      Thanks Olivia, you too!

      Delete
  8. I haven't had a great reading week again. I'm too tired to get motivated at the monent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah no sorry! Hope this week's better :)

      Delete
  9. Aw Amy, I totally get you with the writing thing! Just keep going and try to think positively about your writing, even though that's MUCH easier said than done! <3 At least you're writing, that's the most important thing. x

    AH you read so many books! I'm so happy to see Windfall up there because it's one of my favourite books EVER.

    I hope you have a great week! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much Kyra <3 That means a lot.

      It's so amazing!!

      Thanks, you too :)

      Delete
  10. Four books! Yes! Who are you even? 😂 Now stop complaining you're reading too much... I need the same problem. I finished a book so early last week and could find time to even get through another one! #Life

    Can't wait to start our buddy read! This will be fun! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes!!
      Ah Di :( I'm sorry. Hopefully you'll be able to read more next week.

      Me too! And it will be!

      Delete

I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate your comments. THANK YOU for taking the time to say a quick hello or comment on my review/post. I appreciate every single word from you. Xx
I reply to EVERY comment I receive. Because I'm using the Blogger comment system, you won't know I've replied unless you check back to the original post. But just know....I will always reply to you :)